Volunteer of the Year
Roy Alvarez, Jr. - 2017
The Volunteer of the Year award is named for Roy Alvarez, Jr., a member of the Chamber’s Steering Committee, Founding Leadership Council, and member of the Programming & Events Committee. Roy has profoundly impacted the success of the Greater Houston LGBT Chamber of Commerce as a tireless volunteer, dedicated recruiter, and respected community ambassador. He has dedicated countless hours to the Chamber and other community organizations in the advancement of equality in the LGBT community and throughout the Houston area.
Roy was the inaugural recipient of the award that bears his name in 2017.
Chamber Volunteer of the Year Award
The Volunteer of the Year Award recognizes a Chamber member who has demonstrated outstanding participation, leadership and contribution to the Greater Houston LGBT Chamber of Commerce. The Volunteer of the Year recipient is an individual who has gone above the beyond the call of duty in service to the Chamber and who exemplifies the Chamber’s values through their enthusiasm, dedication and commitment to the Chamber.
A qualified nominee has made significant contributions in one or more of the following areas:
- Volunteer Hours
- Membership Development & Recruitment
- Support of the Chamber’s Mission & Vision
To be eligible for consideration for this award, the nominee
- Must be a member of the Chamber of Commerce for a minimum of one year.
- Served on at least one or more committees/councils during the year.
- Made a positive impact on other volunteers.
- Impacted the Chamber, its Members, and/or the Greater Houston LGBT business community.