LGBT Business Certification (LGBTBE®)
Get Your LGBTQ-Owned Business LGBTBE® Certified!
The Greater Houston LGBT Chamber of Commerce is proud to partner with the National LGBT Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC) on the LGBT Business Enterprise (LGBTBE®) certification program. Become a member of the Greater Houston LGBT Chamber and your application fee is waived. Membership is local and certification is national!
The NGLCC is the nation's only third-party certification body that verifies that eligible businesses are majority-owned by LGBT individuals, and subsequently grants LGBT Business Enterprise® (LGBTBE®) designation to such businesses as part of its LGBT Supplier Diversity Initiative.
Why Should I Get Certified as an LGBTQ+ Owned Business?
Identifying your LGBTQ+ owned business through national diversity supplier certification adds value to your business by providing another channel through which to market your products or services.
Major U.S. corporations are increasingly demonstrating a commitment to completing the diversity supply chain by not only creating inclusive work environments and marketing to a broad, diverse consumer base but also by purchasing products and services directly from LGBTBE certified businesses.
By becoming a certified LGBTBE, business owners are able to build relationships with America’s leading corporations, generate prospective business and clients, and collectively team with each other for contracting opportunities.
Does Your Business Qualify for the LGBTBE Certification?
Does your business meet the following criteria?
- Majority owned (at least 51%), operated, managed, and controlled by an LGBT person or persons who are either U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents
- Exercises independence from any non-LGBT business enterprise
- Has its principal place of business (or headquarters) in the United States
- Has been formed as a legal entity in the United States
As an LGBTBE, you'll have access to the full NGLCC network, which features more than 200 corporate and government partners expressly looking to do business with certified LGBTBEs.
Plus, the NGLCC's 1,000+ LGBTBEs cut across all industries, from construction to apparel to technology to professional services, and are seeking B2B opportunities and strategic partnerships with other LGBTBEs like you!
How Do I Get My Certification Fee Waived?
As a member of the Greater Houston LGBT Chamber, your application fee is waived. The Greater Houston LGBT Chamber is an affiliate chamber of the NGLCC.
As part of the Chamber's relationship with the NGLCC, your certification fee will be waived if you're a member of the Greater Houston LGBT Chamber. Plus, you get all of the benefits of membership!
Join the Chamber TODAY! Yet, another great benefit of being a member of the Greater Houston LGBT Chamber!
What Are the Benefits for My Business?
- Access to other LGBTBE certified businesses across the country for B2B collaboration and engagement as well as NGLCC corporate partners
- Participation in special events, such as the NGLCC's International Business & Leadership Conference, where you are eligible for a reduced conference registration rate and eligibility to exhibit
- Eligibility to participate in mentorship programs, leadership trainings, and scholarship opportunities presented by NGLCC Corporate Partners.
- National certification and local benefits including national recognition by America's top corporations as a Certified LGBT Business Enterprise®
- Registration in a national and exclusive database that is searched by corporations and other LGBTBEs for product and service needs
- Recognition as a certified LGBTQ-owned business in the Greater Houston Chamber of Commerce online Directory
- Eligibility to receive corporate partner sourcing emails from the NGLCC and Greater Houston LGBT Chamber
- Use of the LGBTBE certified business logo in your branding materials to identify your business as an LGBTBE to a national network of corporations, business owners, government agencies, and affiliate chambers
- Eligible to participate in the LGBTBE Roundtable Program
Why wait? Join the Greater Houston LGBT Chamber and start your LGBTBE Certification now!
LGBTBE® Roundtable Program
The Chamber supports our LGBTBE certified members through the LGBTBE® Roundtable Program, which offers connections and opportunities to help certified LGBT Business Enterprise thrive. The main goal of the LGBTBE Roundtable Program is to foster the development, growth and sustainability of certified LGBTBEs who are members of the Greater Houston LGBT Chamber.
The LGBTBE Roundtable Program is consistent with the Chamber's mission of supporting our members through business growth, education, and advocacy. As an LGBT Business Enterprise and Chamber member, certified LGBTBE businesses are automatically eligible to participate in the LGBTBE Roundtable Program, comprised exclusively of certified, LGBTQ-owned companies.
We are proud of our Chamber corporate partners who are strong supporters of the LGBTBE certification and demonstrate this through inclusive procurement practices including Bank of America, Chevron, Shell and United. We partner with these and other companies to offer programming through the LGBTBE Roundtable Program to connect our members to education, resources and business opportunities.
In addition to the local and regional Chamber LGBTBE Roundtable Program, we are proud to partner with the Texas LGBTQ Chambers of Commerce, to offer a statewide LGBTBE Roundtable Programming and Networking for our certified LGBTQ+ owned businesses.
Our goal is to help your business GROW! Join the Chamber today!