Launched in 2022, the LGBTQ+ Workplace Alliance program creates connection, learning and community for LGBTQ+ Employee Resource Groups across Chamber Corporate Partners through networking and programming across the city, region and state of Texas.
The program was developed exclusively for Chamber Corporate Partners to facilitate engagement and learning between LGBTQ+ Employee Resource Group (ERG) leads and others who are a part of their companies' diversity, equity & inclusion initiatives.
LGBTQ+ Workplace Alliance Program Pillars
Engagement & Support
The LGBTQ+ Workplace Alliance is geared to support Chamber Corporate Partners that are committed to LGBTQ+ inclusion/DEI goals through intentional collaboration. The program is open to seasoned companies that are engaged around LGBTQ+ inclusion as well as those companies just getting started on their LGBTQ+ inclusion journey’s.
The Chamber, as an organization at the intersection of business and community, is in a unique position to offer connection, expertise, resources to help companies with their LGBTQ+ inclusion journey. The Chamber helps support LGBTQ+ Employee Resource Groups at private and public sector companies throughout the Greater Houston region and statewide and serves as a catalyst and convener for LGBTQ+ ERG's to support LGBTQ+ and Allied employees and help them connect, share and ultimately thrive.
The LGBTQ+ Workplace Alliance program supports the Chamber’s mission and goals to:
- Create a network of ERGs to support and connect with the LGBTQ+ community across the city, region and state.
- Build a more diverse business community through workforce engagement and attracting and retaining the best possible LGBTQ+ talent in the region
- Lift up LGBTQ+-owned businesses by connecting them to ERG groups to create economic opportunities for member businesses
How does the program support Chamber Corporate Partners?
- Support for LGBTQ+ Employee Resource Groups by cultivating growth through best practices sharing, collective learning and networking opportunities to help build inclusive and welcoming work environments.
- Connecting executives, HR and DEI professionals, and LGBTQ+ Employee Resource Group Leaders within Chamber Corporate Partners locally, regionally and across the state to create opportunities for them to learn, grow and thrive.
- Offering access to high-quality learning opportunities for companies to move beyond “checking off boxes” through their LGBTQ+ ERGs and workplace inclusion initiatives.
- Creating a deeper connection to the LGBTQ+ community at the local, regional and statewide level to engage beyond the “four walls” of the organization.
The Greater Houston LGBT Chamber of Commerce has a strong reputation for collaboration at the local, regional, statewide and even national level. As part of the LGBTQ+ Workplace program, the Chamber collaborates on statewide programming with the Texas LGBTQ Chambers of Commerce.
Regional programming through the Greater Houston LGBT Chamber of Commerce
Focused on Chamber Corporate Partners engaged with the Greater Houston LGBT Chamber of Commerce with the goal to create a strong connection between ERG's at the regional level
- In-person networking
- Regional learning opportunities
- LGBTQ+ community engagement opportunities
Statewide programming as part of the collaboration with the Texas LGBTQ Chambers of Commerce
Focused on Corporate Partners engaged with the Austin LGBT Chamber of Commerce, Greater Houston LGBT Chamber of Commerce, North Texas LGBT Chamber of Commerce and San Antonio LGBT Chamber of Commerce with the goal of creating a strong connection between ERG's at the statewide level
- Virtual networking and learning opportunities
- LGBTQ+ Workplace Alliance Summit
- LGBTQ+ Workplace Alliance Networking Café
- LGBTQ+ DEI Conference
Participation in the LGBTQ+ Workplace Alliance
Participation in the LGBTQ+ Workplace Alliance is open to any LGBTQ+ Employee Resource Group at any private and public sector company that is currently a Greater Houston LGBT Chamber of Commerce Corporate Partner or other collaboration chamber in the Texas LGBTQ Chambers of Commerce coalition that is in good standing.
With the overall aim that Chamber member companies participating in the LGBTQ+ Workplace Alliance are committed to LGBTQ+ inclusion and are:
- FOCUSING on growing their existing LGBTQ+ ERG or starting their LGBTQ+ inclusion journey for long-term and authentic support of LGBTQ+ employees
- SUPPORTING LGBTQ+ ERG leaders and employees to develop and thrive in their workplace
- CREATING the environment to attract and retain the best possible LGBTQ+ talent in the region and state
The number of employees eligible to participate is based on Corporate Partnership level. For existing Corporate Partners, additional employees can be added for a nominal fee or by an increase in the Corporate Partner level. See the Greater Houston LGBT Chamber of Commerce Corporate Partner Benefits Guide for more details. Complete the form below or contact the Chamber Office at 832-510-3002 or email@example.com to add additional employees to an existing Corporate Partner account or increase the current engagement level.
We are proud to call the following companies Chamber Corporate Partners.
Become a Corporate Partner today and engage with the Chamber to bring this high-quality programming for your LGBTQ+ and Allied employees.
LGBTQ+ Workplace Alliance Programming & Events
Through both the regional and statewide programs, Corporate Partner’s will have an opportunity to engage through the LGBTQ+ Workplace Alliance throughout the year. Examples of events and programming include:
- LGBTQ+ Workplace Alliance Summit
- Learning opportunities with top-notch LGBTQ+ inclusion experts from around the country
- Executive Sponsor Panel
- In-person networking events including the annual LGBTQ+ Workplace Alliance reception and Executive Sponsor reception
- Virtual networking events through the Texas LGBTQ Chambers of Commerce
- LGBTQ+ Workplace Alliance Networking Café where participants can connect 24/7
- LGBTQ+ community engagement events
Learning opportunities will include topics such as:
- Starting an ERG
- Best practices for ERG's
- Working with the C-Suite for Your ERG
- HRC CEI: Getting to 100
- Ally Engagement
- Supporting Trans Employees in the Workplace
- Engaging your ERG with the LGBTQ+ community
- Belonging in the Workplace
Even more topics, programming and events are planned for 2023 and beyond! The LGBTQ+ Workplace Alliance program will continue to grow to support Chamber Corporate Partners and their LGBTQ+ and Allied employees.
Sponsor the LGBTQ+ Workplace Alliance
The LGBTQ+ Workplace Alliance offers sponsorship opportunities for current Chamber Corporate Partners. Opportunities to sponsor include the overall program, at the regional or statewide level, or various events including the annual LGBTQ+ Workplace Alliance Summit, Executive Sponsor panel and more. Click here to learn more about sponsorship opportunities.
About the Greater Houston LGBT Chamber of Commerce
The Greater Houston LGBT Chamber of Commerce accelerates economic opportunity for the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer + (LGBTQ+) business community through a strong network of business allies, innovative programs, strategic partnerships and advance policies that foster economic inclusion and equality. Learn more at www.houstonlgbtchamber.com.
About the Texas LGBTQ Chambers of Commerce
The Texas LGBTQ Chambers of Commerce is a coalition of the Austin LGBT Chamber of Commerce, Greater Houston LGBT Chamber of Commerce, North Texas LGBT Chamber of Commerce, and San Antonio LGBT Chamber of Commerce. We work to achieve equality and inclusion by promoting economic vitality in our communities and strengthening LGBT and ally businesses. Learn more at https://texaslgbtqchambers.com/.
Check back for more regional and statewide events coming up later this year!
2022 LGBTQ+ Workplace Alliance Summit & Launch