Information Resources for COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
CDC Business Sector Call -
Feb. 21, 2020
In recent weeks the Coronavirus (COVID-19) has received much media coverage. We cannot predict how this disease will progress, however we do know both Dallas and Collin Counties have quarantined or are monitoring a number of people.
Without the advantage of a crystal ball, it is prudent for all of us to become knowledgeable of this disease and the reasonable precautions we can all take for the safety of our employees and clients.
Working with our partners at the Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives (ACCE), the US Chamber of Commerce, and others we have pulled together the following resources.
Please check this page and the links below for more/new information as it becomes available.
- Disaster Relief Lending - Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Disaster Assistance in Response to the Coronavirus
- COVID-19 Webinar - Disaster Loan Assistance from the U.S. SBA to Small Businesses and Non-Profits; Non-Financial Assistance from the U.S. SBA and Partners
- SBA Updates Criteria on States for Requesting Disaster Assistance Loans for Small Businesses Impacted by Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Carranza Implements Automatic Deferment on Existing SBA Disaster Loans Through End of 2020
- SBA Houston District Office
- NGLCC / SBA Webinar Recap: Economic Relief Resources for LGBT-Owned Businesses
- Guidance For Employers - How to plan and respond to the Coronavirus
- Workplace Tips - Tips and resources for employers to combat the virus
- Corporate Aid Tracker - How businesses are helping nationwide
- Resilience in a Box - A toolbox to help businesses put a plan in place (created by the US Chamber Foundation in partnership with the UPS Foundation)
- Resource Page - Links to resources on business resilience and disaster recovery
- More Resources - Including consolidated, business-specific guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- 5 Ways to Retain Your Customers During the Coronavirus Outbreak
- Resources to Help Your Small Business Survive the Coronavirus
- 5 Ways to Calm Coronavirus Fears Among Your Employees
- Coronavirus: 8 Things Your Small Business Needs to Do
- Coronavirus Best Practices for Small Businesses
- Everything You Need to Know About Coronavirus Federal Small Business Stimulus Aid Programs - A breakdown of all the federal programs and aid for small business coronavirus assistance.
- Guidelines for "Work Safe" Employers
- 5 Issues to Consider in Your Company's Response to COVID-19
- Greater Houston Partnership Webinars
- Partnership Briefings - Sign up for Partnership Daily Updates by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Greater Houston Business Recovery Center (GHBRC) - The Partnership has launched GHBRC to help Houston companies plan their next steps. The GHBRC is a business-led recovery program connecting businesses to available recovery resources. As a first step in this program, the Partnership aims to inform its members and Houston’s business community about federal programs and opportunities designed to help companies’ weather and recover from the COVID-19 crisis.
- Webinar Recording: Employment & Workforce Considerations During A Crisis - Representatives from Insperity, Workforce Solutions and the Texas Workforce Commission discussed issues facing employers and the workforce
- How to Support / Get Support - Restaurant need COVID help? Texas Restaurant Association has started a relief fund - grants of up to $5K per unit for immediate financial needs.
The biggest way we can all help is to “flatten the curve” which means to have a community mitigation response (aka “social distancing”). Our goal as a community is to reduce the exponential growth which will result in a longer duration (i.e. this will last longer), but with less simultaneous cases putting our health care system in a better position to handle this.